The Sean Duregger-narrated audiobook edition of Isaac Thorne’s The Gordon Place has been nominated for an Independent Audiobook Award in the Horror category. The awards celebrate the best in independent audiobook narration and production throughout multiple genres and categories.
“I’m excited as hell, both for Sean and for my book,” Isaac says of the nomination. “Sean put a lot of hours into this project and the result was so much better than I had hoped.”
The Independent Audiobook Awards nominated the following five titles in the Horror category for 2020:
- Children of the Dark by Jonathan Jaz, performed by Matt Godfrey
- Rend Washington: Dead City, Book II by Brian Parker, performed by Andrew B. Wehrlen
- Sever Washington: Dead City, Book III by Brian Parker, performed by Andrew B Wehrlen
- Some Can See: A Northern Michigan Asylum Novel by J.R. Erickson, performed by Allyson Voller
- The Gordon Place by Isaac Thorne, performed by Sean Duregger
As of this writing, Sean Duregger has nearly 20 titles currently available on Audible.com, with more narration in the works. Isaac Thorne is the author of the novel The Gordon Place and more than a dozen short stories, most of which appear in his collection Road Kills.
The Independent Audiobook Awards is part of the HEAR Now Festival, a convention that celebrates the work of master storytellers. Because of the 2019/2020 COVID-19 outbreak, neither the festival nor the Independent Audiobook Awards ceremonies will be in-person events. Details about the Independent Audiobook Awards can be found at independentaudiobookawards.com. Details about the HEAR Now Festival can be found at hearnowfestival.org.
More information about Sean Duregger’s narration work can be found at his website.